CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 26, 2009

I AM....

Hello, ladies of Southside! I know that several of you are participating in our current Bible study, "Me, Myself & Lies" by Jennifer Rothschild. We are digging into Week 2 of the homework, and it is a great way to grow closer to God. I love the way she is teaching us to replace the lies that we often tell ourselves, that others may have placed on us, or that the Enemy uses to lure us away from our Father, with truths from His Word. We are learning to clean out our "thought closets". It is a really good thing that we aren't having to clean our actual closets at the same time...lol.

I especially liked Day 1 of this weeks' lesson. She provides several truthful labels for us to use to replace those negative or destructive thoughts. She calls them "I AM" statements. I chose to write some of them on an index card and place it on my bathroom mirror. I look at it each day, and say those truths to myself, and with God's power (which we know is limitless), I know that it will transform me into the woman God wants me to be.

Some of my favorite ones are:
I am FORGIVEN (Ephesians 1:7-8);
I am COMPLETE (Colossians 2:9-10);
I am FREE (Romans 6:18; 8:1);
I am dearly LOVED (Colossians 3:12);
I am VALUABLE TO GOD (1 Corinthians 6:20);
and my personal favorite...I am gifted with POWER, LOVE, and a SOUND MIND (2 Timothy 1:7). Who doesn't need to hear that kind of truth every day...especially if you have a teenager in the house ;)

Even if you aren't participating in our current study, you can still dive into God's Word and find your own truths to use in defense of the lies that try to creep into your "thought closet". I encourage you to seek Him daily and He will reveal the truths he has for you personally. It will change the way you view yourself and the world around you.

Your fellow Truth seeker,
Alesia

0 comments: