CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Food For Thought

I don't know about you, but the start of school has just been crazy! My September calendar has been overrun with ballgames and homework deadlines, practice schedules and social obligations. Our lives become so hectic during this time of year that it's sometimes easy to squeeze God out of it. The temptation to hit snooze and catch a few more zzz's instead of spending time with God is sometimes overwhelming.


I don't know very many women who don't struggle with how to balance it all and manage their time. I really believe that it starts with being in God's Word. Daily. Consistently.


Job 23:12 states;
"I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food."


Without food for energy, we wouldn't be able to keep up with our daily "to-do" lists...the same is true of the "meat" of God's Word. It is necessary food for our soul. It helps to anchor us to Christ, so that when the day gets hectic and overwhelming we have a source of strength to pull from.


In the book, Life Management For Busy Women by Elizabeth George, she discusses 10 Disciplines for Developing a Passion For God's Word.


  1. Refuse to miss a day
  2. Pray as you approach God's Word
  3. Consume God's Word in various ways
  4. Find a rhythm or a pattern that fits your lifestyle
  5. Be a woman of one book--The Book
  6. Be accountable
  7. Beat the family--meaning wake up before they do
  8. Teach your children
  9. Purpose to get up
  10. Aim for more time

I think this is a great place to start. I know my day, my schedule, runs so much more smoothly when I begin my day in fellowship with Christ. So what do you say? Can you commit to spending the first part of your morning with God?

In His Service, Ginger

0 comments: