CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 21, 2009

A Hunger For God

I was blessed last week to sit under the teaching of some very wise Christian leaders like Gary Chapman, Charles Colson, Henry Cloud, John Townsend, Joni Eareckson Tada, and others. One of my favorite speakers was John Ortberg. He said something that really made me think about how we do discipleship. He said, “Spiritual growth is always hand crafted, never mass produced.”

That got me to thinking about my own spiritual growth journey. I remember clearly the point in my life when I really got serious about Bible study and growing in the Lord. It all started with a ladies Bible study class. I can recall being dissatisfied with my spiritual growth and wanting to see immediate results. It was frustrating at times because the process didn’t seem to be moving along fast enough. I wanted to know it all right then!

I look back now and am so thankful that God didn’t grant that request. I would probably have taken the knowledge for granted. Instead He has chosen to grow me slowly over many years. The process is ongoing---a journey of life. It is not easy, but it is rewarding. I am grateful for the friend who invited me to that Bible study. She has no idea the hunger for God that it created in my life.

Are you hungry for more of God? If not, I challenge you to pray that God will give you a hunger and thirst for more of Him and His Word. It is His will, so if you pray it you can be certain He will grant it. May our lives be proof to others that God is working in the lives of the redeemed!

Praying with you!
JoAnn

0 comments: